Thursday, August 25, 2011

In the kitchen

mixed vegetables

corn

onions, chives and garlic

 boiled rice
  
seasoned chicken breasts for dad since I don't eat meat

corn sauteed 

veg rice

pan fried chicken breasts

lunch
Today I just felt the need to be in the kitchen so I decided to whip up a quick lunch for Dad. Cooking is one of those things I need to do when I'm in the mood or else it will feel like a chore and I won't be too keen to take on the job. Here's my take on the sauteed corn and veg rice; the chicken breast was rather simple to cook because it was seasoned before hand with some pepper salt and other spices so all I had to do was fry the pieces in a medium sized pan. Who doesn't like when their work load is cut in half. <3

Recipe for corn:

  • 1 can corn
  • 1/4 onion chopped
  • 1 teaspoons garlic minced 
  • chives 
  • a little black pepper
  • extra light olive oil (extra light because it's a healthier option but regular works just as well)
This recipe is very simple, just combine all the ingredients in a lightly oiled pan and saute for about 3-5 minutes while stirring occasionally to avoid burning.

Recipe for veg rice:

  • 1 cup rice
  • 2 cans mixed vegetables
  • 1/4 onion chopped
  • 1 teaspoon garlic minced
  • chives
  • Adobo
  • extra light olive oil
This is another easy dish to make. Boil the rice until soft. In a large well oiled pan add the onions, chives and garlic. Saute for a few moments. Add the rice along with the mixed vegetables and mix everything together. Add a little Adobo to taste.

& tada. enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment